On the second day of Christmas....

.....She...painted some shabby chic bits and pieces :)

Hmmm... yes....this little Modern gal has gone a bit Shabby. I have always been a modern kinda girl, loving everything new but this year my taste has changed and I have more of an appreciation for rustic, shabby and pre-loved things. My hubby thinks I'm nuts! Painting something only to take to it with some sandpaper and crackle medium to 'ruin' a perfectly good finish. 

So I found these three little MDF laser cut shapes at my local craft store and HAD to have them. 

Oh - do you like my mirror? It was my Grandma's and used to hang in her dining room. I've loved this mirror since I was a child and when she passed away my uncle gave it to me. Perhaps this is where the shabby/vintage fascination began?


I painted them in a charcoal coloured paint, then Jo Sonja's crackle medium and finally some half strength antique white paint.   Here is my cute little angel with her gingham bow and bell.


My shining star


And my reindeer.

The large poinsettias are from Wild Orchid Crafts

I am looovin making a bunch of Chrissy decorations! The kids are loving the house slowly turning into a blur of red and Santas as well.

I hope to be back tomorrow with something else to share... til then, enjoy your Friday!
Hugs xx

Comments

  1. Gorgeous embellies, Kylie! It's great to make some of these bits and pieces. Altogether they bring all the magic of Christmas:)
    Have a happy Friday too sweets!
    Hugs, Iuli9a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hun, your crackle painting is fab and love the ornaments, your making me want a go lol, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute Kylie! Great idea to add the flowers for a pop of color. Wonderful decorations. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooh so loving these kylie right up my street !! the red gingham goes perfectly love love love
    hugs sara x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Kylie, I love these. The crackle paint is gorgeous. Really stunning. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. MDF? They look like painted metal, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Christmas creation.

    Hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love that so much !!!!! beautiful !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.