Whiff of Joy Challenges and a few of my favourite things...

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you all. I have loads to chat about today so I'll get right to it and show you my card first off...

There is a new challenge over at Whiff of Joy challenge today. This week we are looking for Buttons and Bows. I have used the stunning Shopping Willow for my card. She doesnt get enough ink this lovely lady.



I used the great sketch from Sketch Saturday and some gorgeous papers by Melissa Frances 5th Avenue collection. The embellishments are all from Wild Orchid Crafts (Large Flat Gardenias, 25mm Wild Roses, 10mm Open Roses, Seam binding, Venise Lace Butterfly and button twine, gosh, that is quite the list!).

All of the edges are inked with DI.

This is my last week playing with the girls at Whiff of Joy challenges. I have decided to step down from the team. I am just a little bit over committed right now and I am headed back to work next week as well which means less time to play. I am so grateful to Jane for having me on her team and I will miss my teamies.

So... onto the chatty part of my post, lol.

My buddy Kellie has a fun little thing going on right now..  for a little while now she has been doing a "My favourite things" post each month, so for some fun she has decided to add a linky so we can all play along. Of course when I heard about this I had to be a part of it... so here are My Favourite Things for August....

1. MFT Die-namics - and in particular, the mini rolled roses die. I {{heart}}these dies and use them all the time. So easy to use, all of the dies are fun and just a bit different.


2. Gesso - I have discovered Gesso. I use it on everything. I started off using Tim Holtz' Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence, but being around $10 for a tiny pot of the magic potion here in Oz, it was becoming a teeny bit expensive. So I have forgone the crackle and settled for simple Gesso instead. The brand doesnt really matter, but I tend to buy a 500ml jar for about $12. Not too shabby! In case you are wondering what Gesso is....  here is a bit about it from Wikipedia.



3. Cheese cloth - a loosly woven cotton fabric.... my new favourite embellishment for a shabby look. It is fantastic when you think your card is just missing something and to adhere it, I just use a dab of Gesso, lol. It does tend to look a bit like I am setting a broken arm hahaha, but it works wonders!  It is widely available at fabric stores and fairly inexpensive as well.



4. My Copic 72 marker carry case - I bought this from Lime Tart earlier in the year and OMG - it is fantastic. If you ever need to take your markers anywhere (and I have done, several times now) this case is large enough to hold your favourite colours. The smaller ones just don't hold enough. The 72 case is definately a must for copic lovers :) If you are in Australia, head over to Lime Tart and see if they have any in stock... if not, just email Phillipa and she will help you out.



5. Cricut Expression personal cutting machine - I just love this little baby! It cuts out shaped cards with ease and it has been getting a bit of a work out recently. It is really worth the investiment.

So there are a few of my favourite things this month!

It would be great if you had a change to play along. Kel has a linky set up over HERE, I can't wait to have a bit of a sticky at your favourite things, hehehe, I  might find new toys I want!!

Have a great day!
Hugs x

Comments

  1. Hiya cutie!
    I agree with you, lovely Willow shopping has seen way to little ink in my place too :( But this week you have outdone yourself with her! Stunning, stunning colouring and loads of gorgeous details! :)
    Love the flower arrangement in the corner there. :)

    FINALLY: Someone told me what the heck cheesecloth is ;) He,he,he! I´m so daft..;)
    Thank you :) AND your 10 fav things are so darling. Wouldn´t mind any of them ;) He,he,he LOL. But that Cricut seems so gooooood! And expensive ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours and design.
    Had to pop over and see your favourite things, love seeing other peoples stuff lol. I am going to post mine soon.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Kylie. Gorgeous details as always and love the colouring. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - I'm sorry you had to make the decision to step down from the WOJ team - but life and work comes first!!

    It was fab reading through your fave things. I love the explainations you give all the items. I'm really in love with the idea of owning a Cricut but my bank balance simply won't allow it!! Shaped cards at the touch of a button would be a dream!! Heehee.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's me when i'm going to the shop loool ! Your card is lovely, so beautiful details !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Kylie, gorgeous detail.
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card Kylie!! I just love what you have done with this fun image. I love shopping!! Gorgeous coloring and choice of dp!! Awesome details and design as always!! I am so sad to see you leave the team...I just love you and your creations. I will continue to stalk you. LOL!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful, adorable card Kylie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW Kylie, your card is beautiful! I love all the embellies you've used and your colouring is amazing!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is STUNNING as always I am awe and jealous of your amazing talent hehe. And I loved reading along with your favourite things. Hope you'll join me again in September and have your list ready ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.