Pink Ink Sketch Challenge #4 - Cheri's Sketch

Don't forget to enter my Candy.... click on the photo in the sidebar :) ------------>

Woohoo - its the weekend!! Have you had a great week? Yes? Excellent. That is just what I wanted to hear. I've had a good week too. My family is well, my boys loved going to day care this week and I had a great week at work. Things are looking pretty sweet here in the Kueter household.

There is a fabby new sketch up over at Pink {INK} Sketch Challenges :) This challenge is being hosted by the ever lovely Cheri and she has created an awesome sketch for us. Cheri is also sponsoring this challenge so someone lucky is going to have some super fun sentiments to play with.


I decided to do a scrap page again instead of a card. I have so many cards hanging around and so many photos that I want to sit and remember the wonderful moments when they were taken that I am just trying to mix things up and do a bit of both. This photo was taken in 2006 when my Hubby and I were lucky enough to visit Holland and spend some time in his birth town of Alkmaar. In this pic you can see my FIL showing us around the town he was also born in and grew up in. Alkmaar is a beautiful town and we have the most wonderful memories of our visit there. Shortly after this photo was taken we took a boat ride on the canal - hehehe. So much fun! I'll do another LO of those photos shortly. If anyoone out there knows what I am referring to, leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

The gorgeous Arum Lillies are a birthday gift from my friend Agnes - who is also in Holland :) I just love these little connections around the world. The papers are Sassafrass Lass "Sweetly Smitten". Just gorgeous. I kept my LO fairly clean with just a bit of stitching and then splattered some glimmer mist here and there. The black lace is from a friend's old stash.

We would love to see what you come up with the great sketch.

I would also like to enter my LO into this week's challenge at The Colour Room:


Well, thanks for listening to my chatter! I will be back on Sunday with something to share with you for MDUC. I hope you have something fun planned this weekend :)
Chat to you soon
Hugs xx

Comments

  1. Dear Kylie,

    What a gorgeous LO you made of that picture. I am from Holland and used to live quite near Alkmaar. It is wonderful with the canals and old the small streets with the old houses. I love it over there (Reminder to myself: visit Alkmaar again in the near future)!

    Love,
    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, this is wonderful Kyl! I also love to keep the stories behind the photo's... And embellishments that have a connection to the topic are great! Hope I can play with some photo's tonight too, you always inspire me to begin!
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, you both look great on the previous lo ;-) So romantic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie, I saw your Layout and thought wow that looks familiar!! I didn't know your husband is Dutch!! Alkmaar is such a gorgeous town, so how did you like my country?? I live in Bergen op Zoom which is in Noord Brabant, it's a beautiful town with a medieval centre and a Palace dating back to 1300 where the Marquis of Bergen op Zoom used to live. As your hubby if he knows the town. Your lay out is gorgeous!! Love the colours, they match the picture perfectly!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely Kylie. I too am from Holland.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie,


    Lovely Lay-out with the photo of Alkmaar,your hubby and probably your father in law :)Very nice how you gave our Canals a place on your well done Lo.did you know Alkmaar has 93861 residents.
    Nice place for shopping and living,your kids will love the Netherlands,thats for sure :0)

    Prettige dag Kylie
    ore in your language 'Have a nice day Kylie'

    Hugs Sonja
    Zaanstreek
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.